Hitec Aurora9, Dx6i

Phoenix V4

Dji NAZA GPS f550 with Aeroxcraft landing and Mastor-G gimbal

Approaching Solo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All... Short FPV film from near Amsterdam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man Tron, You like to flip at low altitudes! I still have yet to brave a flip, though I did just install a DJI Naza to replace my old Quadrino Zoom. The weather hasn't been good enough to go properly test it out. This is the first time I've had a stable or "attitude" mode. For the last year I've been flying totally manually, which is good for improving your skills. Now I'm glad to have a stable mode for shooting scenes in tighter spaces. Here's a little test i did around my house. I'm flying this XP2 from XPro Heli: http://www.xproheli.com#oid=5_1

Full Blown Hucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Approaching Solo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chad, The Naza is a great fc. I have it on my hex and it has never let me down. Happy flying
    Tron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool Tron! XPro Heli is most likely going with the Naza-M for their upcoming hexacopter. I think they tried a Hoverfly board, and it freaked out a few times, and went off on it's own, almost damaging parked cars. Hexa was lost along with an NEX-5n...

Multi Rotor Video
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a little video I did just to show the Multi-rotor that I am using

Heli's & Tele's bloke MombasaFlash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a nice new playground for the first test footage with an S800/WKM/Z15 rig. This sequence is a mixture of two early morning shoots around lake Elmenteita in the Rift Valley of Kenya.

Absolute balance is critical with this Zenmuse camera mount. A few shots in this sequence display an unpleasant jitter in the tilt axis. Those that do not were after a re-balance of the gimbal and subsequently display none of that nasty stuff.

The S800 was not at all happy with the altitude initially (circa 6500ft/2000m) and the heat was a cause for concern. Whatever it was at the root of the problem there were some hairy flying moments as it went ape**** every now and then. But it was a case of making do with some physical mods and dabbling with the gains because I took no spares at all or alternative props etc.

The footage is a mixture of 1080i50 and 720p50 footage using both a standard and a Sanity5 hacked GH2. The Apocaplyse Now Drewnet hack was not reliable so I returned to safe known territory with Sanity5 for 720p50 filming.

Whoever has the most toys when he dies wins.

www.helicaminternational.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!!!! Gorgeous!!!! For what its worth Mr Flash - I fly at 6500 7k ASL all the time with my S800/Z15n. I have it pretty dialed in. However - went to an altitude of about 9000asl yesterday and did some filming. Holy cow - had a few moments of butt pucker myself. Seemed to work it out half decent with higher gains. Agreed on the balance thing. I have done mine twice now and it is dead nuts. However - I am having a bit of trouble with the ZEN horizon (roll axis) being level after powering up. Sometimes it is okay and sometimes it is out of whack and not even close to level. You got any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MombasaFlash View Post
    Found a nice new playground for the first test footage with an S800/WKM/Z15 rig. This sequence is a mixture of two early morning shoots around lake Elmenteita in the Rift Valley of Kenya.

Absolute balance is critical with this Zenmuse camera mount. A few shots in this sequence display an unpleasant jitter in the tilt axis. Those that do not were after a re-balance of the gimbal and subsequently display none of that nasty stuff.

The S800 was not at all happy with the altitude initially (circa 6500ft/2000m) and the heat was a cause for concern. Whatever it was at the root of the problem there were some hairy flying moments as it went ape**** every now and then. But it was a case of making do with some physical mods and dabbling with the gains because I took no spares at all or alternative props etc.

The footage is a mixture of 1080i50 and 720p50 footage using both a standard and a Sanity5 hacked GH2. The Apocaplyse Now Drewnet hack was not reliable so I returned to safe known territory with Sanity5 for 720p50 filming.

Heli's & Tele's bloke MombasaFlash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjls3 View Post
    ... I am having a bit of trouble with the ZEN horizon (roll axis) being level after powering up. Sometimes it is okay and sometimes it is out of whack and not even close to level. You got any ideas?

With barely two weeks before leaving for Kenya the brand new Z15 was powered up and settled at all but a full degree off horizontal. Some frantic email exchanges brought about a creditable response from DJI China and the Zen was replaced. However, the replacement was not much different - except that it leaned the other way. The brief experience gained from messing with the first one allowed me to apply the tricks I had learned to the second. DJI had said that the reason for the off-kilter Roll axis was improperly calibrated motor encoders. Whatever. I bent it into shape by loosening the set screws on the Roll axle and rotating the Roll cradle. The same was applied to the Pan axis which was not facing forward. It was all very much trial and error, with the whole thing getting completely out of whack at one stage when it had been rotated too far, but ultimately it was all adjusted to read 0.0 after initialisation.

What I appreciate about the Zen is the really solid feeling of that critical Roll axis. Many other 'acceptable' gimbal/stabilisation systems have a slightly floating, not quite battened down feeling about the Roll, but the Zen remains solid. Unfortunately, it does have a tendency to drift slightly sometimes. This should not be a big issue with a two man setup - as long as the camera operator stays awake - but it is annoying with a single operator setup.

The other thing that needs attention from DJI is for a proportional option to be added, again, to make the Zen more user friendly for the single operator. Currently the three axes operate in slew only mode and this is hopeless without centering controls - which the single operator doesn't have because they are being used to fly the airframe.
    Whoever has the most toys when he dies wins.

www.helicaminternational.com

Page 203 of 370 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast