Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJI NAZA - Software won't recognise USB connection.... GRRRRR!

DJI NAZA - Software won't recognise USB connection.... GRRRRR!

I am sure I am doing something stupid but I can't get the computer to recognize my NAZA quad in the DJI Naza assistant software. Its as if the quad isn't there... I have tried all sorts of different things (installing/uninstalling the driver/software with/without the NAZA plugged in).

Nothing seems to work!

I"m running Window Vista home premium version (32 Bit)
    Driver is the 32 bit version and seemed to install OK (although I had to run the EXE file to get it to run).
    The Assistant software seems to be working but the blue light doesn't flash and no one is home. I have registered and logged in to updates..
    The Naza is brand new and LED's light up when I plug in the battery
    Quad is a standard Gaui 500X with the standard 500x motors, escs and frame.

Maybe someone else has had the same issue? Its really bugging me now as I have spent about 3 hours unsuccessfully trying to get the computer to recognize the MC so I can set it up and fly it!

Really appreciate any help or ideas.

Jamie Barrow

Jamie, where in NZ are you? Im in Auckland, feel free to phone me tomorrow if you need a hand. Ph aukland 3606352
    www.michaelstephen.co.nz

Dirtbag with a killer cam kloner's Avatar
    plug the usb into the led/bec, plug in a battery to the quad, does the computer make that sound like a driver is installed, it's like a 2 note beep and by your clock should say dirver loaded or driver unsucessful

You might try a different usb port on the back of the pc if theres one available
    Aerial MOB is proud to use products from:
    KlonerBuilt, Red Digital Cinema, Panasonic Lumix, Droidworx, Hexacrafter, Team Blacksheep, Ritewing
    instagram, facebook.... #klonersfpv #klonerbuilt #aerialmob

your software will say motor output off at the bottom if it is connected. I had a bad USB/LED module, drove me up the wall. I am now on unit number 3! I mentioned this before but take a file and take off the burrs on the USB plug end. Those things were enough to rip off the female port from the inside of the USB module.
    IrisAerial.com

Home of the original Fold-N-Fly, Batwing and leg extensions.

I had a mistake hooking up my Naza to Naza Assistant as well a couple days ago. Maybe my experience can help you:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...-on-the-ground

Hooray! Got it connected and flying. Turned out to be a dud USB lead (the DJI one that comes with the NAZA). Thanks Michael for helping set it up and getting it sorted!

Cheers

Jamie

Dud USB lead

Can you tell me what you did for a replacement for the dud USB lead?? - I seem to have maybe the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jamienz View Post
    Hooray! Got it connected and flying. Turned out to be a dud USB lead (the DJI one that comes with the NAZA). Thanks Michael for helping set it up and getting it sorted!

Cheers

Jamie

It was one from my girlfriends hard disk. I think its just a mini or micro USB. IF you take your DJI one into a electronics store then they should be able to match it - its really common.

Full Blown Hucker
    microusb, its just that simple :P
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus

and if anything its a failed driver install. check device manager and install from there.

Approaching Solo
    I feel like a dummy b/c I can't even find a USB port, micro or otherwise, on my Naza M controller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast