Thread: Cinestar 6 vs Cinestar 8

Full Blown Hucker Benjamin Rowland's Avatar

Cinestar 6 vs Cinestar 8

I'm looking for pros and cons of the Cinestar 6 vs Cinestar 8.

From what I've found so far, the 8 can lift a bit more. The 6 is about 4 inches smaller, so slightly easier to transport. The 8 might offer a bit of security if an engine died, but the fact that there are 2 more engines increases that probability. You could put a Naza on the 6 if you only needed the basics in your FC, but you can't put a Naza on the 8 (I probably wouldn't put a Naza on either though).

What are some other advantages of each?

Thanks!
    -Benjamin Rowland

Anyone out there own both and care to comment on the differences?

Since Naza only works on hexas and DJI releasing a hexa I believe that all new features and optimization for WKm would aim 6 motors and not 8.
    Plus they say that they will make a hexa turn of two motors, become a quad and land in case of emergency.
    I would go for a hexa (cheeper too)

Depends on what u want to do with it. Payload, flighttime, safety....
    Both are good for video and photography. Its just a matter of personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Rowland View Post
    I'm looking for pros and cons of the Cinestar 6 vs Cinestar 8.

From what I've found so far, the 8 can lift a bit more. The 6 is about 4 inches smaller, so slightly easier to transport. The 8 might offer a bit of security if an engine died, but the fact that there are 2 more engines increases that probability. You could put a Naza on the 6 if you only needed the basics in your FC, but you can't put a Naza on the 8 (I probably wouldn't put a Naza on either though).

What are some other advantages of each?

Thanks!
    -Benjamin Rowland
    Regards
    Lanzar - Dejan
    dejan@kopterworx.com
    __________________________________________________ _
    Sky is no limit.
    www.kopterworx.com
    www.facebook.com/kopterworx

www.aerial.kopterworx.com

Curent build: We call it HAMMER, big X4 , and a lot more multirotors

Pilot Extraordinaire
    I have the eight.
    I have have the SLR mount, add a camera weighing 1.2kgs. It take off fine. I fly for about 7.5 mins.
    Cinestar 8, DJI WK-M
    Futaba 8FG Super
    Cinestar SLR gimbal
    Nikon D7000
    Panasonic Custom 3d Rig

www.underwaterimages.co.uk
    w
    ww.freshbreezeuk.com
    www.rc-paramotor.co.uk

Hey, I've used both platforms a lot and found there to very little advantage to go one way or another. The 8 is more stable in the wind and in general because a flight ready 8 is about 2 pounds heavier then a 6. That weight doesn't seem evident most times because the amp draw of the kopter is almost identical to that of a 6 so you'll see very similair flight times. Where you will see the weight is transportation. I often times hike my kopter into locations (sometimes a couple miles) so having 2 pounds less on my backpack can be very nice. Escpeically when it's accompanied by 8 pounds of LiPos . Extra redundancy in motor failures is nice but with either kopter you shouldn't have much problem at all landing if there is a motor failure in the air assuming your not overloading the kopter to much in the first place. In the end, yes the 8 will provide better video quility on average but for me it wasn't enough to consitiute the difference in ease of transport. But that may just be because if the Cinestar 6 was an inch bigger it wouldn't fit in the trunk of my car So in summary, assuming you don't mind carrying the extra 2 pounds around and you don't have to fit it in the trunk of a Jetta i would go with the Cinestar 8.
    Casey Van Nyhuis
    www.4to400.com

Thanks Casey, and everyone else that responded to this thread. This is exactly the information I was looking for.

Not a problem at all Benjamin, Glad i could help!
    Casey Van Nyhuis
    www.4to400.com