Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EuroUSC BNUC-S Advice needed!!

EuroUSC BNUC-S Advice needed!!

Hi Guys
    I am booking my place tomorrow on the BNUC-S course. So I was wondering if those of you who have taken the course could give me advice on what to expect!!

I was not the brightest spark at school and frankly, I am worried! It's the second biggest investment so far and I want to get it right first time, so any advice and tips would be really welcome.

Thanks loads in advance of your help!!!!

Dom

Hi Again
    please can any of you help???

Dont worry about it Dominic, its not rocket science, Andre will make sure you know everything you need to know for the exam, read through the recommended reading CAP's relevant ANO articles etc to reinforce.

I agree nothing to worry about , I briefed you what to expect when you purchased the components from me but Andre will make sure you are fully aware of whats needed to get the pass .
    Take notes when your in class , this will help .

Geoff
    http://Quadcopters.co.uk
    Uk's Premier supplier of Quadcopters , Quadframes and accessories. Mikrokopter, DJI Wookong M , Naza , Xaircraft X650, X450 . Gaui 330X-S kits.
    Distributors for Droidworx, Mikrokopter ,DJI, Photohigher and Cinestar

Full Blown Hucker
    Thanks all. Also just wondering whats expected in relation to the Wookong. Do we have to demonstrate the failure signal return to home feature? I'm guessing he doesn't have to fly it in manual mode or anything like that?
    Cheers

Yes you have to demonstrate the failsafe but your flight test wont be till a good few weeks after the ground school course.
    You can fly round in any mode you like , you just have to demonstrate you can operate the machine in a safe and controlled manner and adhere to your operations manual.
    http://Quadcopters.co.uk
    Uk's Premier supplier of Quadcopters , Quadframes and accessories. Mikrokopter, DJI Wookong M , Naza , Xaircraft X650, X450 . Gaui 330X-S kits.
    Distributors for Droidworx, Mikrokopter ,DJI, Photohigher and Cinestar

Full Blown Hucker
    Thanks all. We are booking the course for the end of this month. Am I right in assuming that I (the camera operator) would only need to be present for the practical test, to demonstrate taking a photo?
    Also we are still a bit nervy about the fail safe test, could we set it to ground hold rather than go home and land for the test? The problem we have is that if something goes wrong we can't afford to replace the AD6 so we are a little terrified of something happening during automated landing.

Full Blown Hucker
    To be honest, to my mind if you're that nervous about using the failsafe Return to Home feature it doesn't bode very well for putting much faith in the machine as a whole. What I'd suggest is this:

1) Check that activation of the failsafe mode works properly by flicking a switch on your transmitter, using the setup assistant. Don't rely on needing to activate it by switching off the transmitter. Make sure the failsafe mode is Return to Home.
    2) Go to a nice big open space - say the size of a football pitch.
    3) Put the craft on the ground, activate GPS mode, powerup and wait for no flashing red lights.
    4) Take off, fly about 30 meters away, altitude of about 10-20 meters.
    5) Flick the failsafe switch.
    6) After 2 seconds, change to Atti mode. Put the throttle in the centre position (i.e. hovering power).
    7) Watch the craft climb and then fly back to the starting point at altitude.
    8) Watch it descend, land and switch itself off.
    9) Keep your hands poised to take over if things don't look right - having followed step 6 all you need to do is flick the failsafe switch back again, it should then pretty much just stop moving whilst you catch your breath and you'll be able to fly yourself.

Full Blown Hucker
    Thanks swisser, the only thing that confuses me about the above is step 6, if I flick it back into Atti after flicking it to fail safe won't that just give us back full control again and stop the fail safe procedure?

Full Blown Hucker
    Best thing to do is hook up to the assistant and see which modes it is in with the switches in various positions. The point is it's easier to go in to AND get out of failsafe mode (assuming your transmitter is setup correctly) and that RTH works really well. Have some faith and give it a go, otherwise you'll be in fear of ever using it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast