Ask yourself why?
is proud to announce the latest contest in which we seek an answer to the
Why a Multi-Rotor?
You probably already know the answer but for someone else, with a particular need or challenging application,
why should they choose to fly a multi-rotor helicopter? Why?
To win this contest you are asked to put your creativity and varied skills to work and submit a video showing
off the many uses and strengths of multi-rotor helicopters. The video should be dynamic, entertaining, and
informative. It will serve as a flagship media piece to promote and explain multi-rotor helicopters to
people wondering what they are and considering one for their application.
The winning video will be featured on the homepage of MultiRotorForums.com and on the contest sponsors’ sites.
In addition to the pride of having been chosen as the winning video, it will provide possibly years of exposure for the
Winning won’t be easy and this may be our most serious competition yet. Submit what you will but keep in mind
that to win you will have to employ your entire bag of tricks and put all of your passion into the project.
We expect this contest to bring the most professional results yet in the form of an answer to the persistent question,
why a multi-rotor?
The effort will be well rewarded with a prize package that can further the growth of a strong start-up or add another
option for an established operator.
You might want to sit down or pull to the side of the road before reading any further.
In return for the time and effort required to produce the winning video, the winner will receive the following;
One (1) Droidworx XM6R (New!) Multi-Rotor Helicopter Frame (Release date August, 2012)
Six (6) AXI 2814/22 Brushless Motors
One (1) HoverflyPRO Flight Control System with HoverflyGPS
One (1) Photo Higher AV Series Camera Gimbal (Winner’s Choice)
One (1) HoverflyGIMBAL or
Photo Higher Skyline camera gimbal controller (Winner’s Choice)
- The “Why a Multi-Rotor?” contest is open for video submissions through midnight (USA, Eastern time zone, UTC+4),
September 14, 2012.
- All submissions shall be posted to Youtube.com with the privacy setting initially set to “Unlisted”. Contest videos shall
only be considered entered when the links have been received prior to the closing date/time.
contest closes to new entries on the 24th.
- Contest entries shall be between 2:30 and 5.00 in length.
- The contest sponsors shall each assign a judge and the winner will be selected by the sponsors’ judges and a representative
- Revisions to the contest rules will not void prior entries.
- The judges’ word on all issues relating to the contest is final.
- Entrants must be registered members of MultiRotorForums.com and in good standing.
- Copyrights for the winning video will be shared amongst MultiRotorForums.com, the contest sponsors, and the contest winner.
- MultiRotorForums.com reserves the right to extend or cancel the contest if fewer than six (6) entries are received by the
August 24 deadline.
Please ask any and all questions before completing your video. PLEASE EXPECT THE CONTEST GUIDELINES TO EVOLVE IN THE
COMING WEEKS AS WE SEEK TO CLARIFY THE DETAILS.
YOU CAN WIN.
BUT TO DO SO, YOU HAVE TO TELL US “WHY?”.
7 July, 2012
1. Entrants that wish to brand their videos (with a production company name, for example) can do so by placing a watermark in the bottom
right corner of the screen for the first 10 seconds of the video. The winning entry will be amended after the contest closes to properly
acknowledge multirotorforums.com, the contest sponsors, and the video's producer but the video itself shouldn't be used as an
advertisement for any one brand or product. To do so reduces the chance that the video will win.
2. To add to Note 1, the video isn't meant to be an advertisement for the contests' sponsors so please don't attempt to sway the votes by
prominently displaying the sponsors' names throughout the video. I'm grateful to the sponsors for their generosity but it's not the intent of the
contest to explicitly market any one product or brand.
1. Entrants shall secure the proper permissions for the audio and video footage used in their video. Potential winners may be asked to confirm this
before a winner is announced.
1. The deadline for submissions has been pushed to September 14, 2012. This is an extension of 3 weeks past the original date.