Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

Full Blown Hucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nicwilke View Post
    Excellent setup rob... Does the tablet connect to the wifi module so that you can use GCS on the tablet only? I'm having difficulties getting my phone to talk to the wifi/datalink ground package (they are in a box similar). Do you need a hotspot to connect the GCS via wifi to the wifi module in your case? Grrrrr. I'm a little frustrated now, as I've stupidly left the router in the field several weeks ago and dont want to purchase another router.
    I set the Tablet up as a hotspot and then the Tablet connects to the wifi (or vice versa). It is an easy setup using an android based tablet/phone.

Quote Originally Posted by david.scarbrow View Post
    Rob, a really nice easy to set up and use rig...thats what it should be like....I'm envious. How can we in the UK achieve similar ranges (2- 3 Km) as the achievable distances are 300-500 meters with the 2.4ghz wifi down link and although retailers sell them here we supposedly are not able legally to use the 900mhz Data Links ?
    David, I am using the YS-X6 data link. I have been told by someone who did a spectrum analysis, that even though it is operating in the 900Mhz band it is out of the allocated frequencies. I haven't tried to see how far the range is, all I know is that in the range that I need which is 200m max., I should never lose the data link

Quote Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
    order a 3drradio 433 and get some rs232 tot ttl converters.
    I agree. This is the way to go in all countries where the 900Mhz frequency is allocated to mobile phones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just successfully changed the IP range of the wifi module so my GCS on android communicates direct to the data link connected wifi module. No hot spot or router needed as the phone hotspot is talking to the module.

Full Blown Hucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
    order a 3drradio 433 and get some rs232 tot ttl converters.
    Rob and rwijnhov, thanks for that possible solution...it may be the only way to do this. However this 'stuff' will be all new to me and in an effort to keep my costs down I need to know how the kit will then fit together and with what components ? Does it just replace the 24 wifi link ?
    David Scarbrow: DJI S800, Zenmuse Z15, Sony Nex 5N, Wookong-M,: DJI F450, NAZA, Torxpower 2216, Graupner 9-5: 1001copters Bagheera 600, ZeroUAV YS-X6, APC 13-4: HiTEC Aurora 9: Futaba 12FG.

Full Blown Hucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is are a few pictures of my latest build.

A Vulcan Multiframe 650 using MT2814-11 motors and the YS-X6 with the 900Mhz data link. Took it for its first test flight today and what a pleasure flying it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by robone; 09-25-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Full Blown Hucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob and rwijnhov, thanks for that possible solution...it may be the only way to do this. However this 'stuff' will be all new to me and in an effort to keep my costs down I need to know how the kit will then fit together and with what components ? Does it just replace the 24 wifi link ?
    Hi David

It replaces your wifi module on the multirotor, as the data link is now located on the multirotor instead of the wifi module and you have the other half of the data link located on the ground, which then connects by cable, to your wifi module. Your Tablet / phone then is set up as a hotspot and connects to your wifi module.

I tried to upload a document that shows how it works, but unfortunately it is too big. I will email it to you.

You can also eliminate the wifi module and connect the data link directly to your laptop

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robone View Post
    Here is are a few pictures of my latest build.

A Vulcan Multiframe 650 using MT2814-11 motors and the YS-X6 with the 900Mhz data link. Took it for its first test flight today and what a pleasure flying it.
    Looking cool Rob. Got any video? I've ordered a droidworx XM-6 frame, and am not sure if I'll set it up + or x. Looks like you're setting the Vulcan up as a +. I'm at a complete loss to find out what is better and why? If I go Y, then I've got a wider window for the camera scope....

Full Blown Hucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nicwilke View Post
    Looking cool Rob. Got any video? I've ordered a droidworx XM-6 frame, and am not sure if I'll set it up + or x. Looks like you're setting the Vulcan up as a +. I'm at a complete loss to find out what is better and why? If I go Y, then I've got a wider window for the camera scope....
    Hi Nic......no videos yet

I only have a Gopro hard mounted below the Batteries. The position of the legs on the Vulcan makes it virtually impossible to be seen by the camera, no matter what configuration one chooses. So I could have gone for + or X without any problems. If I was flying a 900 or 1200 I would have chosen the X config.

Rob

Full Blown Hucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was posted on another forum by Frank.T

You need to convert the TTL signals to the needed RS232 levels on the ZeroUav products.
    Make a pcb or buy a mini here:
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/280731969278?...d=379108254704

[img]http://static.********.net/forums/attachments/3/2/2/0/3/3/a5105704-67-Zero%20Wifi.png[/img]

Defies Gravity
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody used the YS with Futaba 7008 Fasstest rx? I just succeeded in burning the controller simply by connecting it to the sbus port of the rx. Boom. The ic board fried just at the channel 7 area. Really dissappointed, as I can not find anything wrong except the burned MC.

TP,

Full Blown Hucker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuomas P. I understand it is a different receiver but I currently use successfully the Futaba R6203SB on my aircraft with the YS-X6. They are both SBUS so I would have to ask is there something different about these receivers that would cause the problem that you have described ?.
    David Scarbrow: DJI S800, Zenmuse Z15, Sony Nex 5N, Wookong-M,: DJI F450, NAZA, Torxpower 2216, Graupner 9-5: 1001copters Bagheera 600, ZeroUAV YS-X6, APC 13-4: HiTEC Aurora 9: Futaba 12FG.

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast