Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flip Thread

The Flip Thread

Share why your ditching the DJI motors... Here is my reason finally caught on tape after 4 prior random flips. I'm done with the DJI motors & bullet connectors.

T-motors MT-2212-16's (750Kv) are on their way!
    Also looking at the MT-2814 (770Kv)

Last edited by DesJardins; 09-21-2012 at 04:39 AM.
    TBS Discovery FPV Quad (DJI Naza & GPS)
    T-motors (MT-2216-11) 900Kv, Graupner 9" Props
    Futaba 8FGs & (S.bus) R6208SB

PowerLab6 & Pulse "3S" 45C Lipos

TBS69 FPV cam & GoPro Hero2, ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz Tx, 5.8 GHz Circular Wireless Omni Skew Planar Wheel Tx/Rx Antenna set, Fat Shark Dominator goggles, Fat Shark 5.8GHz (-90dB) Rx module.

http://www.youtube.com/user/desjardinsj

Full Blown Hucker
    bet that was annoying,it was flying so well.
    More than likely a poorly insulated motor winding,works fine when cold and when warmed up will short circuit and voila.
    seen this a few times recently,poor quality control on the motors.

That's not good. I see why you would want Tiger Motors.

Yup, after the first few times it went away with a new motor and 20 flights or so later... BAM AGAIN.

I'm loading another video that shows how high I was just minutes before, it shows how luck I am it happened after my high flying.

TBS69 FPV cam & GoPro Hero2, ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz Tx, 5.8 GHz Circular Wireless Omni Skew Planar Wheel Tx/Rx Antenna set, Fat Shark Dominator goggles, Fat Shark 5.8GHz (-90dB) Rx module.

Dirtbag with a killer cam kloner's Avatar
    i had a 330 i moved my 2215's to but i tried the rctimer 18 amp esc's........ mid flight if you did anything but hover it did the same thing. That was cured by a new esc.......
    Aerial MOB is proud to use products from:
    KlonerBuilt, Red Digital Cinema, Panasonic Lumix, Droidworx, Hexacrafter, Team Blacksheep, Ritewing
    instagram, facebook.... #klonersfpv #klonerbuilt #aerialmob

I think I'm ready to get some Tiger motors for my F450. This may be a dumb question, but I'm trying to learn from the experts. Will the DJI 30A ESC's work well with the Tiger's or do I need to consider a different ESC?

Full Blown Hucker
    With all of the Flip of Death analysis going on at the moment it does seem to point towards ESC problems as the main cause.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
    I think I'm ready to get some Tiger motors for my F450. This may be a dumb question, but I'm trying to learn from the experts. Will the DJI 30A ESC's work well with the Tiger's or do I need to consider a different ESC?
    I haven't received them yet but should be good based on them being tested with a 30amp ESC on the specs page.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyR View Post
    With all of the Flip of Death analysis going on at the moment it does seem to point towards ESC problems as the main cause.

I verified the first was a bad motor not an ESC, second flip I swapped the 2nd flipping side motor to a different arm and flip happened on the new side. My results show horrible motors
    Last edited by DesJardins; 09-21-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks, Des. Since you have motors on the way, I'm holding off to see how it works for you. If I need new ESC's, I'd like to get everything at the same time.

Anytime!
    I'll report as soon as I get them, I'm just crossing my fingers so I can toss on my FPV gear finally

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast