Best cheap RTF quad

Old Man

For just plain having fun, the Ominus. It's inexpensive, responsive, and takes a serious beating. All manual, no automation except a flip when desired, the user really does the flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Man

You won't be disappointed. A friend of mine owns a hobby shop and the Ominus is to "go to" quad for thrash and trash flying. It will take a serious beating and still be functional. Plus it's fun! If you want to later try FPV stuff there's an FPV version that provides basic video but has some latency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yesssssss, if he is a noob how come he is the front man for a drone review site, smells a bit I think..........

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
and here asking questions that might become content for his own site, as his own opinions but taken from your input.....kinda weird, no?

dronebuff

First off, my apologies for not responding sooner - I've been on vacation with my family.

I am the owner of dronebuff. But let me clarify, that my intent isn't to steal anyone's opinions or content, I'm not one of "those guys".

I did ask the question for an article I am writing so that I could include other people's opinions and maybe find some quads that I personally wasn't familiar with. It worked - as the Dromida Ominous is one I wasn't familiar with. I already have links in the article and from my site to this forum - and hope it will be a "win/win" - I provide other people's feedback, and hopefully the Multirotor forums gets some new members and traffic. To the mods/members - If that is an issue, please let me know and I will refrain from doing this. I just think offering only my opinions and reviews is a bit boring and not very comprehensive.

I have a Dromida Ominous on the way and can't wait to try it out. Real interested to see how it compares to my X4, as it's currently my favorite small quad. I have a number of others small quads, but really don't like the flight characteristics of them much. Given the price of the Dromida being higher than the X4, I'm really hoping I see better light characteristics.

A little background, to be as open as I can - About a year and half ago, I started seeing articles in the media about quads, especially around aerial photography as I am a hobbiest photographer. I bought a Hubsan X4 to just play around with, and kinda got addicted. Most of the quad sites I found didn't provide good comprehensive reviews and very little articles, so I decided to start one - I've personally flown the majority of the quads a mention on my site, and where I don't own I use input from friends that do own them or I received demo models for review from the manufacturers. I run a few informational websites based on my various hobbies and things I'm interested in.

I'd love to have a high-end quad, but I have 6 kids, and two of them in college, so the funds just aren't there right now - This is one of the reasons I started the site - to help fund my hobby and maybe help people out with good reviews and articles at the same time.

I call myself a noob, as I see you guys building your own quads, doing some amazing aerial photography, and just don't feel I'm even close to your level of experience - But that doesn't mean I can't write about what I'm learning and use opinions and feedback from others in the articles I write (with appropriate references and approval of course).

If I include any content from this forum, I will link out to it - If that is a problem, please just let me know. I'm just a quad enthusiest like you, that just happens to run a website. Simple as that. My apologies for any confusion.