Four BILLION Drones Sold Last Year!

violetwolf

I just heard on the radio that last years sales figures show four BILLION drones sold! DJI crossed the one billion mark.

So much for my soft market theory lol

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'd love to see an accurate breakdown by size,

i'd guess maybe 85% were small or smaller. i wonder how many phantoms were sold....are there any breakdowns just for DJI?

cootertwo

I have not seen any either! Only mine! With all the talk about Christmas sales, I figured I could go out to my front yard, with a chaise lounge, and sit there with a fishing net, and grab em as they flew by! Ha! kidding of course.

tstrike

pendejo grande
That 4 billion has to be sales since there's only like 7.5 billion people on the planet
Still though.

Wonder how many Christmas units never made it out of the living room alive...

tstrike

pendejo grande
I have not seen any either! Only mine! With all the talk about Christmas sales, I figured I could go out to my front yard, with a chaise lounge, and sit there with a fishing net, and grab em as they flew by! Ha! kidding of course.
Nets are for old men, go with one of those drone killing eagles they're training. Plus you'd look badass with it perched on your shoulder rolling up to the club on the back of your bengal tiger.

violetwolf

i'd love to see an accurate breakdown by size,

i'd guess maybe 85% were small or smaller. i wonder how many phantoms were sold....are there any breakdowns just for DJI?

Yes, I'm a little skeptical about that number myself.. I think he must have been exaggerating or "total sales to date" rather than just last year. The only article I can find online is this one http://dronelife.com/2015/04/16/drone-sales-numbers-nobody-knows-so-we-venture-a-guess/ that shows considerably fewer, but still respectable numbers.

Old Man

I claim fat-finger disease on that report. Must have meant millions.

BIG fat fingers....

I don't believe a word of the quantity reference, and sales for this last Christmas were waaaay below the anticipated estimate, which partially explains the price cuts going on now.

violetwolf

I agree. This was a "Drone Expert" (VanDrones) being interviewed on local radio that was spouting that number. If you look at the link I posted on the previous page you'll see much lower yet still surprising numbers.