FPV drone for kids

I want to buy my nephews an FPV drone for Christmas. They have experience with fixed pitch helis and some small planes. I have seen several drones with cameras, but none with FPV capabilities.Could anyone make a recommendation of a rather inexpensive drone for them - ages 12 and 14?

Old Man

Dromida, if you can trust them with a cell phone. Inexpensive and durable. Bit of lag in the video though.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I second the Dromida. There are versions with or without the FPV components. the FPV signal isn't like what you'd get from a well built dedicated FPV quad but it'll get them started and let you see what's possible.

Thanks for tthe info. Much appreciated. I really like my Phantom but that is a little much for the kiddos.Are parts easily available fro the Dromida? Thanks again.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
that's a huge advantage to buying the Ominus, the fact that parts are readily available around the world. you can buy something cheaper but i have a box of cheaper quads that won't ever fly again because parts aren't available. i had been recommending the MQX from Blade but since flying the Ominus for our review I think it's a more stable and more durable heli for learning. my DIY heli's fly much better but for learning, staying loose, or just killing time in and around the house the Ominus is great.

Old Man

I've beat the living day lights out of two Ominus' at the expense of only one motor gear. I use them for pushing the limits of maneuvering at speed so when they hit something they typically do it pretty hard. The only thing I've found the Ominus does not handle well is tall grass. If the prop blades are below the top of the grass you're not getting off the ground. Land in tall grass just go pick it up and move it to a better take off spot.