FREEFLY Systems Freefly ALTA, RTF collapsible hexacopter

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Another new release from FREEFLY announced today at the 2015 NAB show in Las Vegas. ALTA uses Freefly's new flight control system, Synapse

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'm guessing $10 - 15K for the heli. (has Synapses built in, motors and ESC's and such)

Bartman

website says pricing and availability pending. for the MIMIC though it says available after NAB

View attachment 24223

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 10.00.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 10.00.32 PM.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 1,124

Rickey

Owner of RT Aerial Videos
This is very nice! I was wondering when they were going to come out with a nice folding multirotor frame. The fact that you can now mount the camera to top and bottom is just awesome!!!

Bartman

yes, it looks like it uses the Toad-in-the-hole mounting system for the batteries and gimble so they can be swapped out with minimal effort. very ingenious design idea.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Wow, now that's a good price. I was hoping it would be reasonable.

Do we know anything about the flight controller yet? I see the Synapse was released long ago but I haven't really heard of anyone using it, how come?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickey

Owner of RT Aerial Videos
8,000 just frame? Or 8,000 frame motors props? Or is that everything but gimbal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bartman

keep in mind it's a Ready-To-Fly product, not being sold as components for assembly.

yet?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Wow, now that's a good price. I was hoping it would be reasonable.

Do we know anything about the flight controller yet? I see the Synapse was released long ago but I haven't really heard of anyone using it, how come?

It was never released. I've been waiting. It is AWESOME.
Smoothness of Hoverfly, better features than DJI... So PUMPED!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I think the price is actually very fair. The FC was around $2K, the motors and esc's and not run of the mill, and the frame is awesome. With a cargo capacity of 15 lbs, that can carry a wide array of cameras! I am saving now!

econfly

I agree with you. For the lift capability (and surely for pros who get paid to fly and need to carry heavier systems) it is a reasonable price.