Inspire 1 Owner's Thread

Tahoe Ed

I am starting this thread to be able to post my impressions of the Inspire 1. There have been plenty of leaks of FCC filings, Patent filings and a leaked photos from DJI's HQ. Someone is going to be in trouble for that one. You already have a good idea of what it looks like and how the system performs. What you don't know is the Tx system, the App and how that works. There have been some posts of screen prints from ha.ha.joy@gmail.com they do not tell the full story. Nice start but not even close to what the actually App does.

More to come shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:

deluge2

Well we've seen still pics in the 'convex' configuration. From DJI"s teaser video, it appears that, in flight, the craft can adopt a 'concave' configuration, presumably as an alternative to more typical landing gear retraction schemes. This function is likely linked to one of the new control inputs on the revised Tx.

It will be interesting to see if this is correct and what other features are included.

Steve

PS: 600mm quad with molded fairing covering electronics with intelligent battery (? Voltage & capacity) slot at the 'back'. Proprietary 3-axis gimbal and camera at 'front'.

I am starting this thread to be able to post my impressions of the Inspire 1. There have been plenty of leaks of FCC filings, Patent filings and a leaked photos from DJI's HQ. Someone is going to be in trouble for that one. You already have a good idea of what it looks like and how the system performs. What you don't know is the Tx system, the App and how that works. There have been some posts of screen prints from ha.ha.joy@gmail.com they do not tell the full story. Nice start but not even close to what the actually App does.

More to come shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:

tahoejmfc

James Cole
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here are some shots from online, looks very cool, I think it could be alot faster with this design. Having a 4K camera will be a very nice addition

Attachments

• 20141106200531.jpg
    20141106200531.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 645
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 664

TBH I think it looks awful.
It might be a good idea technically (cutting retractable undercarriage weight) but DJI batch test production methods & profit margins will probably mean it will be unreliable after 3 months, & 30% of those sold will fly off..... attemting to get back to the factory :friendly_wink:
(Yes I'm a skeptic!)

tahoejmfc

James Cole
Looks like the mechanisms are designed similar to the DJI landing gear and gimbals, very strong with tight tolerances. What fly aways? I have never actually seen proof of an actual flyaway that was not user error

Looks like the mechanisms are designed similar to the DJI landing gear and gimbals, very strong with tight tolerances. What fly aways? I have never actually seen proof of an actual flyaway that was not user error

You have answered your own questions! "User error"
Just think about the likely target market & those users.

DCF-Media

Hi Guys
We've been flying the new DJI Inspire 1, & testing it for DJI, its a great little system and now that they've announced the launch we can legally upload footage we've been shooting over the last month. It is super reliable and extremely stable 4K System, I'm currently shooting a feature film on RED DRAGON 6K anamorphic, and we are using the DJI Inspire 4K footage to intercut with the 6K footage. the camera is very good, but in low light the sensor will suffer to deliver (Like all small sensors... the lesser the light hitting the sensor the more the sensor has to work), DJI have used the new GO-Pro 4/Sony sensor to achieve the shots - and we love it during daylight hours.... it is great. Also another update from DJI and the Inspire one is they have created as a modular camera mount. This is a great idea as cameras develop quicker than Quadcopters. This means that as Sensors and lenses develop - That DJI will hopefully supply higher resolution and better cinematic glass lenses that can inter-cut with what is being professionally shot on the ground.
Here is the link to the First DJI Inspire footage we've been shooting:
https://vimeo.com/111382521
I hope this helps.
Director of Photography: Leo Bund
www.leobund.com
www.digitalcinemafilms.co.uk

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Guys
We've been flying the new DJI Inspire 1, & testing it for DJI, its a great little system and now that they've announced the launch we can legally upload footage we've been shooting over the last month. It is super reliable and extremely stable 4K System, I'm currently shooting a feature film on RED DRAGON 6K anamorphic, and we are using the DJI Inspire 4K footage to intercut with the 6K footage. the camera is very good, but in low light the sensor will suffer to deliver (Like all small sensors... the lesser the light hitting the sensor the more the sensor has to work), DJI have used the new GO-Pro 4/Sony sensor to achieve the shots - and we love it during daylight hours.... it is great. Also another update from DJI and the Inspire one is they have created as a modular camera mount. This is a great idea as cameras develop quicker than Quadcopters. This means that as Sensors and lenses develop - That DJI will hopefully supply higher resolution and better cinematic glass lenses that can inter-cut with what is being professionally shot on the ground.
Here is the link to the First DJI Inspire footage we've been shooting:
https://vimeo.com/111382521
I hope this helps.
Director of Photography: Leo Bund
www.leobund.com
www.digitalcinemafilms.co.uk

Thanks for posting that Leo. It'll be hard for people to poo-poo the camera hardware if it's shared with the new GoPro.

very interesting, very interesting indeed.

sk8brd

dfc media---was there a frame rate mismatch on export?..i'm getting some stuttering and know the look, hopefully it wasn't baked into the footage because of how the camera wrote it on the card.?

Tahoe Ed

I spent all day yesterday at the event, 20 hour day if you include 5.5hours of driving. As stated, I can post some pictures of the Inspire . I have been trying to upload photos for the last hour and it continues to fail. I will try again later.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I spent all day yesterday at the event, 20 hour day if you include 5.5hours of driving. As stated, I can post some pictures of the Inspire . I have been trying to upload photos for the last hour and it continues to fail. I will try again later.

I have no idea why the site is creating problems with photo uploads but it should all be fixed by the pending upgrades
Sorry about that.
Bart

recharged95

Thanks for posting that Leo. It'll be hard for people to poo-poo the camera hardware if it's shared with the new GoPro.

very interesting, very interesting indeed.

Makes sense to use the Sony Z2/3 series sensor on their phones, but wondering why 13MP stills, the phones take upto 20MP. Didn't know the GP4 has the same (sony) sensor.

SamaraMedia

dfc media---was there a frame rate mismatch on export?..i'm getting some stuttering and know the look, hopefully it wasn't baked into the footage because of how the camera wrote it on the card.?

I was thinking the same thing when I viewed it. DJI site shows somewhat better results but want to see more footage.

nemorov

codecs and storage

So what codec, data rate and storage does the camera use? I suspect RED would go bust very quickly if this new camera can really match up to a Dragon 6K sensor on the big screen... :)