Made an Ominus Mistake Tonight

Old Man

So, being one of the officers in an RC club I went to the monthly meeting tonight, one always held in the local hobby shop. On a whim I bought an Dromida Ominus while I was there. Soon after the battery finished charging I found I had made an immense mistake in buying this thing. I'm afraid it's going to take a lot of time away from the camera rigs. It's waaaay too much fun. Like flying an FPV racer but without the FPV. I didn't buy the FPV version. It's fast, extremely responsive even in low rates. It trims out very nicely and will hover hands off. It has no automated flight modes, no GPS, but does have a flip button and 4 flight modes for multiple levels of responsiveness. In short, you have to fly it and it can go to a high end of mild to downright wild. Tooo0 much fun! And under $80.00 I certainly didn't need it, and wasn't certain I really wanted it. But it's for darn sure not going back.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
This winter I got to see one of these (FPV version) at an RC meet. It definitely looked like fun, and I couldn't believe all that was included at the price.

Seems like you've got a nice little package of fun on your hands....and there's nothing wrong with that. Just awesome to take the pressure off and practice your moves!

I have one and love it. Just got the regular version instead of FPV though after I saw Lucidity's review - it seemed too laggy to do proper FPV flying.

And the battery lasts a long time too!

Sheldon

Hi, I got one too,but the problem is I fly mode 1, so my next project is to try to convert it from mode 2 to 1, has anyone done the convention,I'll be interested in knowing

Old Man

You might want to send an e-mail to the support people at Hobbico about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledge57

My brother has Ominus fever now too.

He's lost one (the one we were hunting for in my Iris+ vid) and now has 3 more, including FPV which doesn't impress him.

WiFi for FPV not a good idea I think...