Product Review: Paralinx Triton 1:1 Wireless HD Video TX/RX System

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Our friends at Paralinx were kind enough to send Multirotorforums.com their brand new Triton 1:1 Wireless HD Video TX/RX system to review. And that is just what we did! Instead of the typical review where people take stagnant pictures and copy the promotional text from the companies website I figured I'd just do a very complete video review of the unit. (and then copy the website text to the end after the video.)

We received the unit around six weeks ago, but due to living in Ohio and the fact that Ohio seems to be entering a new ice age this year, I was just able to finish the review this past weekend when it finally broke the freezing mark here. Mind you I made several attempts to review the Triton in -2 deg F weather and then 10 deg F weather with dismal results. But a call to Paralinx and a read through the manual and I found out that the Triton system is only rated down to 32 deg F. SO please keep that in mind!

Trying to get the system to work in HORRIBLE conditions. (My rigs lipos were dropping to around 60% of their capacity as well in the COLD temps!)
View attachment 24142 View attachment 24143

OK.. instead of blabbering on here in written hoopla, grab a tasty beverage and some popcorn sit back and watch the review... It's the civilized way to take in a review after all!

Also, please excuse the "noise" in the video.. for some reason Youtube has scrunched my video and made it look noisy... ERR stupid Youtube.

Paralinx Triton 1:1 System
MSRP: 1,395.95
Introducing the all-new Paralinx Triton wireless HD video system! Triton is the next-generation wireless video solution for DSLR videography, as comfortable rigged to a handheld gimbal system as it is on an unmanned aerial video platform. With a compact and lightweight design, integrated battery plates and unheard-of range for such an affordable price, the Triton system fits seamlessly into any production environment.

Features Include:
- Transmit a FULL-HD signal up to 1080p/60 in REALTIME (less than 1ms)
- Up to 450 feet/140m of range
- Manual Channel Selection within 5.1-5.8GHz spectrum (8 channels)
- Transmit to unlimited receivers
- LCD displays signal strength, battery charge, and channel selection
- Cold-shoe mount for easy mounting of transmitter on a DSLR
- 1/4-20 mounting option on both transmitter and receiver
- Integrated battery plates for power on both transmitter and receiver
- 6-17V DC power input on transmitter and receiver
- 128-bit AES Encryption

Dimensions:
Transmitter (without antennas): 118mm x 52mm x 43mm
Receiver: 118mm x 60.5mm x 44.5mm

Weight (without batteries):
Transmitter: 4.6oz / 130g
Receiver: 4.8oz / 136g

In the Box:
1 Paralinx Triton transmitter
1 Paralinx Triton receiver
1 PTap to DC power cable
1 AC Adapter
2 2dbi antennas (for transmitter)
1 Antenna mounting tool
1 additional cold-shoe mount

**Please note, LP-E6 and NP-F batteries not included**

Again, Special thanks to Paralinx.

If you need more info please check out: PARALINX

Attachments

• para.jpg
    para.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 407
  • rig test.jpg
    rig test.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 514
  • rig test 2.jpg
    rig test 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 588
Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

Good video. You are a good looking sob. Lol.
I'm not a tech geek but I'm wondering what is so difficult about this technology that it seems to be advancing so slowly? Is it the lack of potential end users? You would think with the blistering pace at which electronics evolve we would have a product by now that was hobbiest affordable.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Great review Sleepy!

Seems the big hurdle is companies coming up with their own proprietary tech to transmit data rates/size as large as HD produces. I've research a bunch after being amazed by the output during MotoGP races with incredible footage from up to 3 cameras on probably 10 different bikes (not all HD, but that's still a lot of data being transferred!). But the company that has the contract and developed the transmission tech ain't talking! :)

When enough companies start putting money behind the R&D, the prices will eventually come down even further. But this is certainly a good price for entry into current pro HD transmission.